Saturday, October 3, 2015

Fruit Of The Spirit ~ Peace

Peace : Freedom from disturbance or violence; quiet, tranquillity and serenity. 

Peace in the bible is often used to help calm someone or something. It is a product of God and His will for us to have no worries. 

  Philippians 4:7
     "And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

This verse often helps me when I am unsure of the future. I know God's plan for my life is the best however, not knowing the intimate details of that plan worries me. Why should uncertainty get me so flustered? God did not give us a spirit of fear. That is not a fruit of the spirit! I am starting to learn that my anxiety is an indication for prayer. Often I realize that prayer for guidance brings overwhelming peace into my life. Jesus gave us a beautiful depiction of how allowing the Holy Spirit to have complete control and surrendering fully to the Lord can benefit your life. 

   Mark 4:37-39
     "And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling. But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, "Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?" Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace, be still!" And the wind ceased and there was a great calm."

To me this story show what happens within our hearts the moment we put God in control. Before we may try to fight our battles as best as we can in our own way; even if we know there is a better plan laid out for us. All we need to do is simply ask for help. 

  Matthew 11:28
    "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

When we do this God steps in and calms all our storms. There may still be difficult waves ahead but they will he met with assurance that God will lead us through. 

   Psalm 119:105
     "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."

By consistently reading God's word we prepare ourselves, and by doing so we receive peace. Peace that makes the greatest fears seem like mere trifles. Peace that brings clarity to life. Peace that calms storms.

Many in this world ride the waves of storms and never see a placid sea. To those souls, peace is unattainable and they would give anything for it. But when you say to them all that is needed is complete surrender; peace becomes something that you can have but are unsure you need. It is when all other options flee. When there is no light ahead. That is when you call for peace. Then God will be your lighthouse and His light will never go out. 

   Deuteronomy 31:6
     "Be strong and of good courage, do not fear not be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave feedback; I love opinions.